Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Reality TV"

Personally, I am fascinated by the irony of the word reality. Reality is real. Wouldn't that make reality tv at least somewhat life like? Anyway... about American Idol. Jordin Sparks should totally win. She deserves it, and would be awesome! Blake whats-his-name is pretty good too, but he's not a "singer". Ummm yeah, the reality part of that show is summed up in the auditions. Hardly anyone is capable of holding a tune! that would be the reality of the situation. and, in addition, I refuse to vote for the show, no matter how much I love Jordin, because more people vote for this stupid 'reality' show than those who vote for the leader of our country. This appals me. Nevertheless, I will be glued to the TV for a while tonight, neglecting my studies, but I think I deserve a bit of a break, yeah? Oh, the other 'reality show'... Dancing With the Stars. I love it. This has been an amazing season, and dude, the finale will be so much fun to watch. I would love it if Joey Mr. N*Sync dude won, because he seems like he totally enjoys it! surprisingly, I grant this show some form of reality that it claims to have. I meet Jerry Rice the year after he was on the show, and he could not stop telling me about the experience (The conversation got started after my dad told him that I was a dancer too). That show is semi-reality, so I am also watching it tonight! Shows like the Bachelor are so pointless. I won't even start to talk about that. Anyway, this has been a fabulous rant about almost nothingness. Any views?

No comments: